Original, collectible woodblock prints by Jim Meyer
– reflecting a small part of the mystery
and beauty of the natural world.
The River Runs II is a one block woodblock print with watercolor added.
The scene is of the Gallatin River in western Montana, between Bozeman and Big Sky.
8″ x 8.5″ – printed on Annigioni archival paper. Edition of 20; $350
To make a one-block, one-color woodblock print:
– I carve a design into the surface of a block of wood
(cherry, poplar, maple, birch, or basswood),
– Ink the block by hand, using a roller,
– Press archival printing paper onto the surface of the inked block
To make color prints:
– I tint the prints with watercolor, or
– Overprint with colors from additional blocks, or
– Re-cut, re-ink, and print the same block with additional colors,
which is called a reduction print